Emperor Elementary Student Council is a community service group open to all students in grades 3-6. Our mission is to build responsible leaders within our school community and promote the values that represent good character in all students.
We will accomplish our mission through:
- Leading by example in our classrooms and community by being respectful, responsible, and safe. Students in this service group learn strategies of how to communicate and advocate effectively for themselves and others.
- Leading Recognition Assemblies. Students in student council promote the school spirit award by recognizing students for their individual and collective efforts in being respectful and responsible students.
- Helping others in our community by raising money and supplies for the less fortunate, such as our annual Pumpkin Penny Carnival in October. Students in Student Council provide all the materials needed, and all proceeds are donated to Children’s Hospital. During the holidays, Student Council, in partnership with Peace Squad, students help bring in donations of gifts for our local service men, women, and their families.
- Engaging our friends and classmates in their character education by hosting monthly character education assemblies.
- Help raise funds for school wide projects and activities by contributing ideas, interests, and concerns with the teachers and principals.
- Organizing school events that promote inclusion and gratitude. Students deliver notes and thoughts of kindness and support to all students and staff.
- Promote school spirit by providing spirit day ideas throughout the year.